About Luna Pharma Consulting
Luna Pharma Consulting Ltd provides a portfolio of tailor-made solutions to pharmaceutical companies to realize their products’ full potential in different geographic markets. Our main focus areas are Turkey, Middle East and North Africa Regions.
Luna Pharma Consulting is a member of
About MENA Region
The MENA region can be grouped under 4 clusters.
- The Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC) including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and Oman.
- The Near East sub-region including Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq.
- The North Africa Region including Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco and Libya.
- Countries with a reasonable standard of living, despite war & political conflicts.
- An economic growth rate of 2.3% (1.6% for GCC due to oil crisis)
- A growing population of 475M (3.3% >65 years old), larger than EU or US population.
- Average life expectancy at birth is +/- 72.854 years (close to the world average) and infant mortality rate is 20/1000 births < world average: 32/1000
- A high consanguinity rate ranging from 20% – 60% (KSA, Iran, Libya) => a high incidence of metabolic, rare, orphan, recessive disorders (11-13 x higher incidence % to EU or USA).
- A growing consumer demand for modern and innovative drugs that local manufacturers are not able to provide.
- Developing healthcare facilities and installing fair trade due to international pressures.